Simply put, any issue that controls your life. Looking deeper, it can be any issue that can separate you from family, work, friends, and finally God. We have to understand that EVERYONE struggles with something. It can be a simple thing like lying or can go to addictions, mental health disorders, intimacy disorders, pornography and much more. While we may not understand someone else's life-controlling issue, we can understand the pain it causes. Here is where we can learn to have empathy for each other because we all know what the pain of our struggle feels like. Support groups help us while we are working through the pain in order to seek the peace Christ provides.
There are so many different life-controlling issues out there, but people always want to know what Recovery-Through Christ has seen since we began. Here is a list of some of the issues we have dealt with over the years. Remember, we are only a support group. If further assistance is needed, we always encourage professional help.
- Spiritual Issues - not being where they would like to be in their knowledge or walk with God
- Substance Abuse
- Intimacy Disorders
- Shame / Guilt
- Addictions - alcohol, drugs, work, food, social media, sports, etc.
- Worthlessness / Self-Loathing
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder
- Various Mental Health Disorders (support group only)
- Pornography / Sexual Addiction
- Anxiety / Worry
- Family Issues
Copyright © 2022 Recovery - Through Christ - All Rights Reserved.